Today’s organizations expect their enterprise campus LANs to deliver more services to more users at a lower cost. These services include next-generation business applications as well as anytime, anywhere access for mobile devices. At the same time, campus LANs must be able to scale easily to meet future demands and efficiently evolve within dynamic business environments.
Brocade ICX 6430 and 6450 Switches provide enterprise-class stackable LAN switching solutions to meet the growing demands of campus networks. Designed for small to medium-size enterprises, branch offices, and distributed campuses, these intelligent, scalable edge switches deliver enterprise-class functionality at an affordable price—without compromising performance and reliability. The Brocade ICX 6430 and 6450 are available in 12-, 24-, and 48-port 10/100/1000 Mbps models and 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) or 10 GbE dual-purpose uplink/stacking ports—with or without IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) and 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+)—to support enterprise edge networking, wireless mobility, and IP communications.
- Offers enterprise-class stackable switching at an entry-level price, allowing organizations to buy what they need now and easily scale as demand grows and new technologies emerge
- Delivers unprecedented feature/price value for enterprise applications, including Unified Communications (UC) and mobility, with 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and PoE/PoE+
- Provides unmatched availability for low-cost switching with redundant uplink/ stacking ports, hitless stacking failover, and configurable power redundancy
- Simplifies network operations and protects investments with the Brocade HyperEdge Architecture, enabling consolidated network management and advanced services-sharing across heterogeneous switches
- Offers attractive 12-port, compact, and enterpriseclass fanless switch models for deployments outside of the wiring closet
- Includes the Brocade Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty and three years of technical support
Built for Maximum Cost-Efficiency and Investment Protection
With Brocade ICX 6430 and 6450 Switches, organizations can buy only what they need today and easily scale user ports and services as their network requirements evolve. Ruckus offers maximum investment protection through flexible software licensing options that bring advanced services and performance to lower-cost ports. The Ruckus HyperEdge Architecture, for example, allows premium switch features and services to be shared with entry-level switches (Brocade ICX 6450 only).
Brocade ICX 6430 and 6450 Switches come with three years of technical support from the Ruckus Technical Assistance Center and software maintenance updates. With these capabilities, organizations gain peace of mind while freeing up IT budget and resources to grow their businesses.
Automated Deployment and Management
Brocade ICX 6430 and 6450 Switches help simplify network deployment and management by enabling auto-discovery of new Brocade ICX switches within the stack. IT organizations can autoconfigure switches using pre-set instructions on the network. To further simplify management, these stacked switches collectively utilize only a single IP address and offer transparent forwarding across the stack.
By embedding sFlow capabilities into the Brocade ICX 6450, Ruckus delivers an “always-on” monitoring technology that operates with wire-speed performance. sFlow dramatically reduces implementation complexity compared to traditional network monitoring solutions that rely on mirrored ports, probes, and line-tap technologies.
High Availability and Resiliency
Ruckus Ethernet switch stacking technology helps IT organizations meet growing user demand by delivering high availability through realtime state synchronization across the stack and instantaneous hitless failover support. In addition, organizations can use hot-insertion and removal of stack members to avoid interrupting network service when adding or replacing a switch. High-performance Link Aggregation Groups (LAGs) increase 10 GbE uplink bandwidth and redundancy to the core, giving users uninterrupted high performance to support the most demanding applications. Brocade ICX 6430 and 6450 Switches also offer an external power supply for added resiliency and increased PoE/PoE+ port availability (see Figure 1).