Optically Isolated 7-Port USB Hub
Once associated only with desktop peripherals, USB I/O devices are now commonly found in industrial and OEM applications. Voltage spikes, power surges, andground loops that affect traditional serial interfaces also affect USB devices. Sealevel’s HUB7i is an optically isolated USB hub that connects up to seven USB peripherals and protects the host computer from voltages up to 4000 VAC.
The HUB7i includes an industrial grade wall-mount power supply (Item #TR124) that provides up to 3000 VAC isolation. For medical and other specialized applications, an optional medical grade power supply (Item #TR129) is available that increases the isolation to 4000 VAC, which offers the highest level of protection available from any USB hub manufacturer.
Status LEDs on the HUB7i indicate external power, connection to the host, and fault conditions. The hub is housed in a rugged plastic enclosure and is USB 1.1 compliant and USB 2.0 compatible. The HUB7i integrates a high-retention USB type B connector that prevents accidental disconnection of the USB cable, while the seven type A connectors provide a full 500mA to each attached USB peripheral.
Supported in Windows, Linux, and other USB aware operating systems, the HUB7i requires no separate drivers and is easy to install. Simply provide power to the hub using the included power supply, plug the hub into an available USB port with the included cable, and the hub is automatically recognized.
- Powered USB isolated hub provides seven downstream USB ports with 500 mA available per port
- • High-retention USB type B connector prevents accidental disconnection of USB cable
- • Status LEDs indicate external power, connection to the host, and fault conditions
- • USB (Universal Serial Bus) 1.1 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- • Supports full-speed 12 Mbps operation and low-speed 1.5 Mbps operation
- • Supported in Microsoft Windows, Linux, and other USB aware operating systems
- • Includes wall-mount AC power supply with a locking DC connector that outputs 5 VDC @ 4 A (Item# TR124)
- • Includes a USB A to B device cable, 6′ in length (Item# CA179)
|Dimensions||9.2 x 5.3 x 1.7 in|
|Communications Chip||USB Hub|
|Dimensions||9.2 (L) x 5.3 (W) x 1.7 (H)|
|Humidity Range||10 – 90% Relative Humidity, Non-Condensing|
|Max Data Distance||5 Meters|
|Max Data Rate||12 Mbps|
|Operating Temperature||0 – +70C|
|# of Ports||7|
|Power Connector||2.1mm Barrel|
|Power Requirement||5 VDC @ 4 A|
|Storage Temperature||-50 – +105C|
|Upstream Isolation||3000 VAC(4000 VAC with optional medical grade power supply)|